We are happy to tell that our school will be involved in a joint project with Sheffield Children’s and Adolescent Mental Health Services (CAMHS) called Healthy Minds.
Everyone involved in this project wants young people to flourish and fulfil their potential, and provide a school environment which best supports young people’s emotional wellbeing. 45 schools across Sheffield are involved with this work over the next year.
Key activities offered within Healthy Minds are:
- Training for all school staff on the fundamentals of young people’s mental health and the implications for learning.
- A Healthy Minds survey to be offered to students, families and staff to understand the specific needs of an individual school.
- Developing an action plan for each school based on its Healthy Minds survey. This will cover further training needs, development of PSHE materials or school protocols to further support young people’s emotional wellbeing.
- Engage student voice through the development of Healthy Minds champions
- Provide clarity for staff, students and parents about who they can talk to if they are worried about a young person’s mental health.
- Specialist mental health training for key staff in schools.
- Mental health consultation with key staff in schools.
Please help us to make the most of this project by letting us know what you think is working well in school and what more you would like for your child regarding their emotional wellbeing by filling in the Healthy Minds survey.
All responses will be anonymous. You can call into school next week any morning 8.30 – 9.30 or afternoon 2.00 – 3.30 to use school computers to complete the survey.
Your child will also be asked to complete the Healthy Minds survey in class. Please contact Claire Bradley or Jayne Senior If you want to find out more about this.